Monday, July 15, 2013

Hello, World...

As new chapters in life seem to constantly begin, so comes the time for new blog beginnings.  I would like to start with an introduction to this blog, and an introduction to me.
My name is Ashley Earp.  For the past few years, I have enjoyed venting and opening up to a small community of mostly my mother and best friends on my former blog, Living the Dream.
As I enter my 20's and turn pages in my life story, it is time for me to create a more sophisticated, more consistent blog.

The Story Behind "Wandering the World (With MS)"
"Not all those who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien
I have a passion for traveling, and plan to make it a life-long regularity.  I thrive on adventure, service, and diversity.  In 2011, I had the privilege of traveling to Kenya on a humanitarian trip.  I plan to share some of those memories on this blog, while I document new stories of far-off travels.  In less than a week, I will be traveling to India for another humanitarian trip.  Words can not describe my excitement and anticipation, although I will try to articulate the indescribable feelings as much as possible.  The point is, there is beauty in travel.  It is not only a hobby, but a passion.  I plan to document all of my wanderings on this blog...one magical destination at a time.
"The secret of learning to be sick is this: Illness doesn't make you less of what you were. You are still you." -Tony Snow
One thing that adds some barriers, struggles, strengths, and unpredictabilities to my life wanderings is Multiple Sclerosis.  After numerous hospitalizations, I was diagnosed with this chronic autoimmune disease at age 18.  Although it does not define me, it has a profound effect on my life every day.  It is my hope that through this blog I am able to inform on this disease, open up about the challenges it presents to me personally, and connect with other individuals who are affected by MS.

So there you have it! All of you wonderful readers will get to know me more through my writings and rants, and I hope to get to know you, as well. Follow (you can also Follow my blog with Bloglovin) and share if you would like, and certainly enjoy and connect as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment