Sunday, July 28, 2013

Traveling with MS

This is my very first trip traveling with my least favorite travel companion--shots and medications for Multiple Sclerosis.  Take a look at what my carry-on bag consists of:

Along with my daily shots and ridiculous amount of medication, I have cooling bandannas and letters from my doctor explaining that I can travel with all of these shots and meds.  A couple weeks ago, I had my steroid infusions, which give me a lot of strength.  I feel like superwoman for a few days after I get those!  MS is definitely an added stress for someone who plans to travel the world.  But once again, it is all worth it.  No matter what, another travel tip is to do research about where you are traveling, and make sure you pack everything to meet your health needs.  Now I just have some extra baggage.  The good thing is that on the trip home, I won't have to worry about bringing these things back because they will be gone! 
I am prepared to take extra precautions this summer to make sure I am a healthy girl in India!  I will be posting one more time before I leave, but as always, thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment