Saturday, August 31, 2013

On Sight Seeing

I realized on my trip that sight seeing is not my favorite part of traveling.  Obviously, there is an obligation to see all the amazing places all over the world, and I will be happy to do so.  But the interesting thing about sight seeing is that once you get the picture, the sight is pretty much over.  What really drives me to see the world is the people.  I am absolutely fascinated by the fact that there are people all over the world living my tomorrow or my yesterday in completely different ways than I will. Different languages, different food, different traditions, different physical appearance, different everything.  It is fascinating! Also, the natural beauty in all different places are the most beautiful sights of all.  As for the architecture and man-made wonders--they are beautiful. Just not my personal favorite part of traveling. 
That being said, it is incredibly neat to be able to say I have been to the Taj Mahal.  Here are some super-tourist pictures from my time in India:
 Qutb Minar
 Baha'i Lotus Temple
 The Taj Mahal
Red Fort
India has such rich history and TONS of sights to see.  I will have to go back to see them all! I'm excited to share more stories about my adventures and more pictures of the beautiful people of India!

No comments:

Post a Comment